Monday, July 21, 2014

Carnegie 'Gills

Went to Princeton's Carnegie Lake today. Lately, the fishing has been really slow. I managed about a dozen small bluegills today. All nice and very healthy. I would love to see these smash a top water fly, but I'm going to have to wait for that sensation until I get my fly gear, which will arrive in more or less a month.
Beautiful gill

Close up and serious

Humpty Dumpty 


Another pearly Carnegie gill

After those bluegills, I got a cute little surprise. 



(I know I just started this blog, and there are not many people seeing this, but if you know what type of turtle this is, it would really be helpful if you could tell me in the comments section. ) 
It seems like these turtles are really aggressive, aggressive enough to attack my stick bait, though small. 
Well, that's it for today, and look forward to a lot more posts from me in the future!





1 comment:

  1. Dear Brandon, it is great to see all of the pictures of your fishing - I expected to see some of those you did at Minneapolis but failed... Do you have those pictures or you would need Yi-fu send you? Both Yi-fu and I really miss the time you were here. With love. Da-yi.

    ReplyDelete