Saturday, March 14, 2015

Custom Painted Lures

With the local water levels insanely high (my backyard creek is suitable for chocolate-milk white water rafting), I had some time to paint and fix up a few old lures.

Most of the lures I do are old and in need of repair. I actually never paint new ones.

I finished this one a couple weeks ago. I found a really beat up crankbait by a pond in the Central Park. I replenished its hooks, gave it a paint job it desperately needed, and put on a new coat of gloss.

The next one is a Rebel Crickhopper I found by my favorite golf course pond (I think one of my friends left it there). I gave it a new coat of paint and gloss, and the results, I think, were pretty good.

This one I did today, from a Rebel Minnow I found floating at Mooney Lake in Minnesota. I'm calling it it "super shad," for some reason I can't imagine it being called anything else.

This last one is pretty cool. I don't remember where I got the lure, but it's a walk-the-dog style topwater. I modeled the paint job after a Westslope Cutthroat Trout. It took a while, but the results was worth it.

That's all for now. I realized I should have taken some before-pictures for comparison purpose.

Temperatures are on the rise fast now, and all I have to do is wait for the water levels to go down before I'm back on the water.