Monday, November 21, 2016

First Return to the Golf Course

So a crazy turn of events happened recently. We ended up moving back to our old house, and that brought me back to my beloved golf course. Naturally, I took it upon myself to fish for a while. I started with the creek that flows under the bridge, in hopes of a whie sucker. They were there, but they wanted nothing to do with me. 

I did get a bunch of sunnies, a bullhead and a couple small bass as a consolation before I decided to head to the pond. 

Looks like he was attacked when he was younger. Oddly enough, this is the most mottled I've ever seen a yellow bullhead. 


A couple smaller bass found their way to my bait.

I headed back up to the pond. It looked quite surreal, to be honest. The dead calm water and the lushness of early fall made it seem like paradise. Quite interesting was the noticeable decrease in algae and weedbeds, perhaps they stocked some grass carp? I did see some big swirls when I cast my bait, swirls too big to be bass... But that's a matter for another time.


I was focused on catching some bass, as I haven't caught a golf course bass in a long time. I tossed around a 7 inch texas-rigged worm, and was rewarded with a chunky bass.

It was good to be back.


More smaller fish ensued. I was ecstatic. With all the "strange" fish I have been fishing for recently, it felt nce to throw a line for some good ol' largies. Meanwhile, enjoy the showcase of some average-ish nj fall golf course bass.











It did feel quite good to be on familiar ground, fishing for familar faces.

2 comments:

  1. I really agree with your all information and i appreciate your work.
    Big Bass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting blog and I really like your work and must appreciate you work for the fishing.
    fishing

    ReplyDelete