Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Spring is BACK! (Finally)

Hey guys, spring is here! Ice fishing is kinda iffy in my area, and I've been really busy, so I've been on a fishing drought for quite a while now. Last weekend I just got a chance to go back to my favorite golf course pond. The ice chunks and debris have moved out, and I got my first NJ open water fishing in! (Wow. I really haven't fished in a while) Fishing was slow, as expected, since the water was still really cold. I did manage 2 small bass and a couple bluegills.

This gill was a standard golf course fish, but it had a really strong purple glow, more so than the picture would show.

The first one was caught on a jig and worm. Bite was extremely light.


This second one (sorry for the poor timer shot) was caught on a TOPWATER. Which is just weird, but I thought "What the heck?" after I saw a huge splash.

I also just noticed that both fish had a similar notch in the tail, a coincidence but not that strange, since they're the same species and probably have similar behavior/experiences.

I know some readers think these are tiny, but its good to finally be on the golf course after  a while. Can't wait for some warmer weather to lay a beating on the big ones I know are in there!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your catches this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will continue to write on your blog. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete